Thursday, December 10, 2015

Five for Friday...Coming soon! Last week before Holiday break....AKA Wild Week!

 
ONE
 
This was my first week back to school after 9 long weeks!
It went very well, mostly because of the wonderful people I work with.
 


 
 
 
My Schedule has changed a bit, I have a session with a couple of guys who are very difficult to get and keep engaged. There isn't a specific subject to address at the time I have them, I get to be creative.
 
Naturally with the holiday spirit surrounding us, there are lots of fun activities that fit right in.
 
 
 
TWO
 
I found this activity last summer and tried it out with our summer class. It was a HUGE success! They loved it and couldn't get enough. It is called exploding treasure chests and the idea
is from
 
Sooooooo
 
I decided to repeat this recipe calling it
Exploding Christmas Presents!
 
 
 
 
This recipe fills 2 ice trays.
Mix 1 cup of water, 3 cups of baking soda and sprinkle some Jello (for color..and it smells good). It will be thick.
 
 
Spoon some in each compartment in the ice tray, about half full, place a treasure in each ( I mostly use coins). Next spoon some more on top covering the treasure.
 
 
 
Then, sprinkle some glitter on top and place into the freezer.
 
 
 
Overnight is long enough.
 
Prepare vinegar by pouring some in squirt bottles.
 
 
 
Put a cube in a bowl and hand the students the vinegar.
The chemical reaction fizzes and treasures are revealed!
Your kids will love it!
 
Three
 
In math we are reviewing number families, counting by 10's and 5's.
 
 
Number families as presented by Connecting Math Concepts.

 
I apologize for not identifying the provider of these cards, I've been using them a couple of years and can't remember who I purchased them from!
 
FOUR
 
 
Countdown!
 
FIVE
 
 
 
This is a fun project I found on Pinterest.
The Clifford book, Christmas Wishes went well with it.
Students love to paint and sprinkle glitter!
It went fast also.
 
 
Stay calm, deep breaths,
and link up with Doodle Bugs Teaching!
 
Paula
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment