Friday, July 1, 2016

Five for Friday...Going "outside"

Summer is going way too fast! The weeks are just flying by, I really thought I would have lots of those "do nothing" days...but nope.


ONE
My daughter and I are going "outside" next week! In Alaskan speak this means we are leaving the state. It took me awhile to figure out what people were talking about when they would say that. It always cracked me up. Another way to refer to leaving is "going to the lower 48".

I'm happy to not be traveling alone this time. My daughter hasn't seen our family for a few years. The trip there and back will be more fun with company.







TWO
I am still sorting and labeling my classroom library here at home. There are more at school, but it's a start. 
I made the mistake of looking at children's books when shopping at a thrift store and bought more.  I found some Pete the Cat books in hardcover! Wahoooo!

Here is one of the labels from Danielle Mastandrea at TPT.


I also found these wonderful books about famous artists!



Now I need to get matching boxes to put them in. I have a mish mesh of cardboard and plastic boxes at the moment....there are some great ideas on Pinterest! You can see my board where I am gathering them.



THREE
We are getting lots of time with our sweet grandchildren!



FOUR
Getting ready for the 4th of July.




FIVE
The yard is wild and alive!



Link up with Doodle bugs teaching!http://doodlebugsteaching.blogspot.com/
Have a great holiday, be safe.


Paula




No comments:

Post a Comment