Saturday, May 18, 2013

Budding Blog.....linking opportunity


Magic Mistakes and  Mayhem shared this link,  it is a great opportunity for those of us with less then 200 followers to meet other bloggers! Answer these 5 questions and link to 
I (heart) Recess !

1. Why did you start blogging?
Initially I thought I would try it to see if I could make money! But that has changed and I am not making money but having fun connecting with other teachers and parents who share their knowledge.

2. What is your favorite subject and why?
Math skills! This is funny because math was my least favorite subject when I was in school. It was scary! Of course when I say math, I am talking about beginning skills, preschool-second grade is where I work at! Math can be taught using lots of hands on techniques.

3. Describe your teaching style.
Visual and hands on! I can't just stand there and talk. Flexibility is the keyword when  teaching kids, I want them to WANT to come back every day.

4. Give three interesting facts about you.
This is hard, because I don't think I'm that interesting! Here goes:
I have 3 lovely children and 2 beautiful, aweome, amazing grandchildren who are twins.
Our household has 2 dogs, 4 cats, a turtle and a white rat!
On my way to being a teacher, I have had many other jobs starting at age 15: waitress, housekeeper, nurse's aid, cooking at a restaurant and a school, store clerk in a convenience store and later at a grocery store, produce stocker, delivering newspapers, office jobs at a univeristy, a convenience store chain office and an auto parts warehouse. I learned important life skills from each one!


5. Do you have a TpT store and share the link if you do.
I do not have a store YET, I am still figuring out how it all works and learning from my fellow teachers!

No comments:

Post a Comment