Saturday, July 5, 2014

Rainbow Fish Story and Art Project

Another week has come and gone, it is time to link with Doodle Bugs Teaching!

I would like to thank Doodle Bugs for this opportunity to share my thoughts with more fellow teachers.

This week we are camping by the sea. We read the book, Rainbow Fish by Marcus Pfister.


Even though most of the students have heard this book before, they were excited to hear it again.

Next, I presented the accompanying art project.....



Having visuals to represent the steps of the project is very helpful, some children don't enjoy art projects and it gives them an idea when it will be finished. However, EVERYONE loves the glitter part of the project !




Students color the head, fins and tail of the fish.
They glue on the multi color scales (construction paper) and one silver foil scale.

Last, the fun part!
Of course I didn't get pictures of it. I used some cardboard trays (recycled from our lunch program) to contain the glitter. I  had two kids at a time...there is no need to tempt fate!
They put glue on the tail and fins of the fish, and sprinkled on the glitter.


I love how creative kids are, their fish are very unique!



Our bulletin board isn't complete yet, there were a few absent on Thursday. 

Happy 4th of July!

Paula


No comments:

Post a Comment