Saturday, April 19, 2014

Five for Friday..April 18, 2014

Linking with Doodle Bugs Teaching for another Friday....




ONE

This week we made an Easter bunny door hanger and it was very cute, but I didn't take a picture, so you'll just have to take my word for it!

TWO

The weather continues to improve! Today was beautiful, sunny with temps in the 40's.....the moose still mosey through the yard. (or is that "mooooo"sey? sorry it's been a long week)


THREE - FOUR

The highlight of our week was cooking day! We have decided to have one every week until the last day of school, it is the only time I have their full attention!
This week's recipe was....

A recipe booklet was prepared ahead of time, they were very excited about the book and I placed it in our classroom library  afterwards.





Recommend that you help hold the bowl


Some kids needed help pushing the cutter through the apple, I set the cutter before allowing them to start and stayed right on top of them,  Small apples were used so each student cut their own apple.


A couple of our friends could not chew the apples and they enjoyed eating a spoonful of applesauce with the dip just as much.

Quiet munching for a short time...it was heavenly!

I told the boys..."Now you know being a cook isn't for wimps, you need to be strong, read and follow directions and know your math!"
They ask me "What are we going to make next week?!?"


FIVE

I am rereading Stephen King's 
 On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft

and highly recommend it. Before he became a world renowned author, he was an English teacher and what he says about that time in his life is something we can relate to....
"I liked my coworkers and loved the kids....but by most Friday afternoons I felt as if I'd spent the week with jumper cables clamped to my brain."

My countdown has began...I received notification that I will be teaching summer school again this year.....next week is Special Olympics...daylight is increasing...HOWEVER I have a day off Monday!
WOOOO!
Until next week,
Paula









No comments:

Post a Comment