Sunday, May 17, 2015

Five for Friday....ummm....Sunday!

And now it is time to link up with Doodle Bugs Teaching, who is soooo lucky to be finished and checked out of her classroom for the summer! I still have another week to suffer and work myself to death. A bit dramatic, I know.
I'm feeling a bit dramatic...here's what went on this last week.






 
 
 
Lunch time for a Purple Snake!
 
Fun story and art lesson.
 
 

 
 
 
Preparing materials to send home with the kids!
We cleaned out the interactive notebooks and bound everything together. I found this nice journal cover on Freebielicious and made them a summer journal with lots of blank paper to draw and write on.

 
Assessing.....studying data...progress reports....grades for the standard report cards...
AHHHHHHHHH!
 
 

 
This is a handy tool for reading fluency practice....
 

 
I use this to tune my guitar and it also has a metronome, the students are very motivated to read at a faster pace. We used it this last quarter and their fluency really picked up. The kid we read ultra slowly, drawing out each word began to shorten the words so he could keep up with the beat.
 


 
Mother's Day Flowers!
 
Aren't my girls the best--est?
 
Have a wonderful week, I hope to post a picture of my "summarized" classroom next weekend!

Later!
 
Paula

No comments:

Post a Comment