Friday, July 24, 2015

Five for Friday...Dancing Fish Science ...vacation!

www.doodlebugsteaching.blogspot.com

I am linking with Doodle Bugs this week with one more science experiment from our summer classroom. The reminder of the five are all vacation stuff!
Wooooooo!

 
This experiment is called the "Dancing Fish". The idea is from the Teacher Created Materials book I mentioned last week.
 
You need these materials.....
 
 
vinegar, baking soda, raisons, a jar and water


 
Begin with plain water in the jar, be sure there is some room for bubbling and fizzing.
Pour 1/3 cup of vinegar in the water.
Put in 2 teaspoons of baking soda.
Gently stir.
 
Give each student some raisons and direct them to drop them in the jar.
 
 
As bubbles form on the raisons, they will rise to the top and drop back down repeatedly.
Why it works: The vinegar and baking soda causes a chemical reaction forming carbon dioxide bubbles that are lighter than the water. The bubbles settle on the raisons and cause them to rise to the top, some bubbles are released into the air and the raison will drop back down. The whole process begins again.
 
It was great fun and the kids were amazed!


Science is Magic!
 
 
 
Now for my vacation so far......
 
 
 
After I landed in Oklahoma and slept for a day and a half, my Sis and I got pedicures!
The big toe décor is truly a WORK OF ART!!!
 
 
My dearest and longest friend
 
took me shopping at Mardel's
 
It is a lovely store with great teacher stuff!
 


 
I want to change my color scheme in the classroom, and am liking the purple and light blue combo!
 
 
 
I purchased a few items to get started with....
 
 
 
 

 
 
Went to work with my amazing Sis!
She works near the capital.
What a view!
 
 
We had lunch at Pops which was a fun experience, they have every kind of soda pop that has been created!
I really enjoyed my meal too, it was an
"Edmond Burger" and had bacon, Swiss cheese and mushrooms.
all the best stuff!
 

 
 
 
Just down the road is the round barn....
 
 
The root beer on tap at Pops is called
Round Barn Root Beer and...
that's all I know about it!
 
We didn't go in....all the windows and doors were open...good clue..
NO A/C!
 
 
So that's my vacation so far!
I am also excited about changing colors in my classroom...
more on that later.
 
 
Later,
 
 
Paula
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment