Saturday, March 1, 2014

Five for Friday......February 28, 2014


It is time to link up with Doodle Bugs! I have been lapse in joining this party lately because my weeks didn't look like something anyone wanted to hear about and I like to have pictures, which I haven't been taking...and I'm still not taking...but oh well!
I will begin with the
NEW KITTEN!
who is at this very moment sitting behind my head batting at everything that moves including my hair! (I am trying not to move my head)
ahhhhhh!
She looks very docile in this photo, but you can see it in her eyes, can't you?

Second
Weight Watchers Online
Two weeks into it and 4 pounds down! yea! I haven't began to exercise (yuck) I don't like to exercise, I don't find an inner thrill to exercising! But I'm really going to try to find something I might do regularly....stationary bike in my living room maybe?
        

Knowledgeable friends recommend the one on the left, it is easier on the back.
The weather is improving...I can start walking....


Third
Next week is Dr. Seuss time! fun fun fun! we are having crazy hat, socks, hair and so on going on, as well as a door decorating contest. I looked online for some ideas, there are lots! Here are a couple......

   
Source: http://hwh.grsc.k12.ar.us/pages/Departments/Communication/Press%20Releases/Press%20Release-6.html

I'm looking for an idea that the variety of students who pass through our doorway can help create. I'll let you know what we came up with next week.

Fourth

The Iditarod is tomorrow, well today is the ceremonial start in Anchorage, but real Alaskans know that's just for show, the real deal is tomorrow out at Willow! We haven't gone for a few years and I kinda want to, but it's a lot of trouble and a lot of traffic, so.....I don't know!
They have an awesome website, and for some $$$ you can follow the whole race through video updates:
http://iditarod.com
But there is nothing like standing on a frozen lake, listening to hundreds of dogs bark excitedly, people watching and waiting for each team to run by!
This year will be harder on the mushers and their teams, our weather has been too warm with less snow!
You people in the lower 48 have been getting all the good stuff!

Fifth

Preparing for the end of the third quarter! This one has gone very fast! Only one left! woooo!
I began assessing this week and am very happy with the students' progress. One in particular who has struggled with learning letters, sounds, and blending words is doing awesome! We have been working one to one using Reading Mastery and in a small group using Zoo Phonics
He can now identify all the common letter sounds and 24 out of 26 letters by name! He also is blending 3 letters into words for 3 out of 5 words. I am very proud of him.

Now the next step, phonics readers! The small group is ready! The decodables at their grade level that come with our core reading program are too difficult for them at this point, the lower grade level is too easy and they have already been through those. My friend and co-worker uses Learning Pyramid readers and I'm going to try those. I checked for them online and they seem to be out of print so I will be borrowing hers!

That's my five for Friday! (even though today is Saturday).

Have a great weekend,

Paula

No comments:

Post a Comment