Friday, March 7, 2014

Five for Friday...March 7, 2014....Dr. Seuss...and a fun word game

 It's the Doodle Bugs Party! (AND I have never linked this early on a Friday!)This is an especially sweet Friday because it also marks the beginning of Spring Break! Yeaaaaa! So link up with Doodle Bugs here and join the parrrrrttyyyyyy!

Naturally, since Spring Break is around the corner, our incredibly mild winter has decided to dump some snow on us.

Of course, we celebrated Read Across America this week as I'm sure many of you did! 
Crazy hat day
I have a great team of people to work with! This lady is also very creative, the net on her hat is a child size tutu!
Crazy hair day
and here is my co-worker again with the most awesome Dr. Seuss character costume!

Crazy sock day

New Game: Green Eggs without the ham
For practicing decoding words, I made up this game!
Materials: pan or skillet, spatula, green construction paper with words on a contrasting color.
Lay the "eggs" word down, scoop up one, turn it over...
Read the word and place it in the pan! Slide the pan to the next person. The students really liked it, but asked me where the ham was!


Door Decorating contest
I found this idea on Pinterest, thank you Trisha Cox!
The best thing about this door is that the kids created most of it!


The grass: nice easy fine motor skills being practiced, using scissors to cut short straight lines. 



The socks: Students were presented with a variety of materials and told to create! They did not disappoint!


The fox: I traced the fox, one of the students took it over, added the socks and made the eyes. He did awesome!

and here's the really awesome part....we won! Here are our  prizes.....

nice...right?

We had a workday Friday to give us some time to put in grades and in my case, complete IEP progress reports. This is my least favorite part of my job, and I appreciate a paid day to work on it!
I am so looking forward to NOT setting my alarm clock!


No comments:

Post a Comment