Friday, September 27, 2013

Five for Friday.....September 27, 2013

It is time for linking with Doodle Bugs!




1. I've been refining our listening center. It is on our workshop rotation twice a week. It has been a process to teach students how to use the machines and follow the directions. One day we have an audio book, the other day is the card reader. I added a booklet this week to fill in the blanks with a high frequency target word. One of the students need the words "pre-written" with a highlighter, one needs a starter word, then he can continue on his own, and another doesn't need any help!  I also added more specific directions and introduced them before we started workshop. It helped a lot!





2. Next, I displayed the basic directions on the Promethean Board for a group project. The visuals were more effective then me talking!



3. Tumblebooks.com  is awesome! The kids love it and with our amazing Promethean Board, everyone can see just fine. Our school has a subscription to the website.




4. This week I dug out my trusty stamps and scented ink pad. I was once again wowed by the fact that the ink pad is still working! This ink pad and turtle stamps were a gift from my sweet sister almost 20 years ago! I received it in Oklahoma, packed it when we moved to Tok, Alaska, again to Wrangell, Alaska and finally now in the great Mat-Su Valley. Out of curiosity, I looked up Ranger Industries of Tinton Falls, NJ and they're still in business. I didn't see this exact ink for sale but I'm going to write them.


5. Finally I want to share a picture of my youngest daughter and her sweet kitten. She could make a cat food commercial!


There's my week in a nutshell!
Have a great weekend and tell me about yourself,
Paula

No comments:

Post a Comment