Friday, June 21, 2013

Five for Friday...ESY begins.....June 21, 2013

First day of summer, our longest day of the year, it seems to have arrived too fast!



Joining Doodle Bugs Teaching, here's my five for Friday:

1. ESY aka summer school began this week! I am sooooo tired but pleased with the progress. Everyone loves my theme:  Camping in Alaska! My TAs jumped right on it and helped me set up the classroom, bringing camping items from their homes as well! Here's a peek at our campfire area.......
 
2. It was sunny and HOT several days this week! Hot to us is 80-90 degrees Fahrenheit...remember we don't have AC, so there were a couple of nights that made it hard to sleep. This Okie girl is not used to heat anymore!
 
 
image provided by google free clipart
 
3. Commuted to school with a friend and co-worker all week, it was great! Besides the obvious benefit, saving gas money, it is also very nice to have someone to visit with to and from work. The school where we are having ESY is about 30 minutes away from my house. I drove this week, so next week I can just sit back and relax!
 
4.Our landlord brought us another washing machine. YEA!
 
5. We took drives around the lake several evenings...beautiful!
 
I am closing with a picture of my daughter and her friend!

 
Happy summer!
Paula



 

No comments:

Post a Comment